A+ | A- | Home Page | Sitemap--> | Other Languages | Search:








Social Workers

Northwest Territories Social Workers are an important part of the health and social services system. They provide a variety of mental health, community wellness, child protection, counseling and crisis intervention services in different settings.

Few occupations can match the scope of opportunities and settings that social work provides. Social workers are employed by local and regional health and social services authorities, band and town/hamlet councils, non-government organizations and the Government of the Northwest Territories.

Currently, qualifications for social workers in the Northwest Territories vary depending upon the type of work required and the needs of the employing board or agency. Typically, individuals wishing to practice as social workers in the Northwest Territories need either a Bachelor in social work or a Diploma in social work. Supervisory positions require a Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work plus several years experience.

For more information about Social Worker licensing click here.