A+ | A- | Home Page | Sitemap--> | Other Languages | Search:

Education Leave

The Government of the Northwest Territories offers education leave with or without allowances for employees to take full-time post-secondary studies lasting at least one academic year. The studies must be taken at an accredited Canadian university, college or technical institute. Education leave includes academic upgrading when necessary to qualify employees to enter post-secondary studies. Education leave provides a guarantee of re-employment after completion and may provide partial allowances in lieu of salary.

Basic assistance includes tuition, travel costs, and one full removal out and in for the education leave.

For general information on education leave through the Government of the Northwest Territories visit the Department of Human Resources website.